Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Rand Aspirant, Part 4

Previously, on MinerBumping... Agent Viirilithizu Ward killed StarterrorPrime's fail-fit Rifter, which was loitering in the Hek system without a permit. Thoroughly disgusted, StarterrorPrime--who had hoped to gain control of the Hek trade hub before he lost his prized frigate--contacted Agent Alt 00 and gave her a piece of his mind.

The loss of StarterrorPrime's Rifter left him feeling pessimistic about his future in Hek. And without his business, the economy of the entire Metropolis region would be ruined.

Alt 00 asked StarterrorPrime to review the past few days and reconsider the way he conducted business. The aspiring tycoon simply couldn't see what he'd done wrong.

StarterrorPrime had hoped to apply the principles of Ayn Rand capitalism in highsec. He would've been far better served to read the Code a few times.

Some rebels like to say that the New Order's activities have no impact on highsec. Others claim that we have a catastrophic effect on the entire game. The difference between the two groups: The latter usually make their claim during a period of anger and frustration, which acts as a sort of truth serum.

Our Agent offered the profitless capitalist some friendly advice. StarterrorPrime responded like a Goofus.

The carebear longed for the pre-Code days. He was blinded by nostalgia. Admittedly, the New Order has completely reshaped highsec. Only for the better, though.

StarterrorPrime concluded the conversation by expressing his opinion that CODE.'s total domination of the Metropolis region made things less interesting. He obviously forgot the dreadful silence and bot-aspirant culture of the pre-Code years.

After about a day of war, StarterrorPrime closed his corporation. Finding it too difficult to build an organization of his own, the carebear decided to join up with Pandemic Horde Inc. and seek his fortune in nullsec.

Not long afterward, he became disillusioned with the group and posted a lengthy complaint on EVE-O.

StarterrorPrime returned to highsec and rebooted his corp, this time with a vague anti-Code theme. He sought investors in the Market Discussions subforum, posting a thread called "Black Rose Fleet Systems Fundraising". He tried to make the case that he was a good investment:
My organization's origins begin after my return to EVE where I came back to a vastly different game kicking my old stomping grounds of Heimatar where I found myself short on cash with no one to help, so I did a little fundraising with the help of some donations and the help of an experienced partner. We established a presence within Metropolis despite my lack of knowledge regarding CODE's idiocy and presence, we made our headquarters in Nakugard.

After my partner left thanks to a small War declaration from one of CODE's weak minded Vassals, I decided to consolidate assets and pack everything up before sulking off, and ultimately depressing every alliamce member i met on the way, into the Cloud Ring on a whim hoping to find some sort of treasure in Nullsec. Of course likey anyone needing a little hope, I got roped into an Alliance and ended up losing my ass on that since there wasn't any money to be made applying my trade in said alliance, proving to be a Giant isk sink in itself so I got out of that steaming mess.

Believe it or not, I lost 80 million ISK from joining said alliance when I could've used that to join a more likeminded group, and only had ten mil left to my name after leaving that fiasco, forcing me back into empire space, mind you within a week's time no less....
He then asked everyone for money. However, the Market Discussions community was less than enthusiastic after reviewing his track record.

StarTerrorPrime never lost his fondness for Hek. In reply to another player's thread entitled "Number of players dropped to less than half in Hek", the carebear wrote:
As a Bucaneer, I have discovered the absence of the population that Hek used to have has affected trade to some extent but moreover trade has moved to Rens for reasons I believe involving Faction Warfare and Safety. In my return, I unfortunately had the displeasure of meeting the Carebears known as CODE who were causing problems for business in terms of mining and manufacturing but even they have left metropolis for more lucrative waters. My intel suggests the current buy prices for ores and minerals in Hek are deterrant for miners as the current rate makes jita appear more profitable, since I work with a collective of minmatar industrialists....
StarterrorPrime was right about one thing: Highsec can be better. There's plenty of room for improvement in empire space. But the answer isn't Ayn Rand or capitalism or anti-Code resistance. The only road to happiness in highsec is and always will be the Code.

42 comments:

1. He's upset because he lost 80 million ISK? I lost nearly a billion one time but it's not about losing ISK: it's about being able to bounce back from that loss.

Think, plan, budget, wallet-tank.

ReplyDelete
  2. "He raises the Black Flag once more to restore the freedom and liberty of his Homeland". So is this guy going to actually try and gank CODE or does raising his flag just mean he's going to tip his fedora?

Replies
    1. James315 wears a fedora

3. This guy is painful to read. Undergraduate Psych Major (with Soc Minor)?

Sounds fishy. Perhaps I should be indulgent, though; he may have only just begun his studies, in which case, Lesson One: The Code.

Lesson Two: The tail never ever wags the dog..

Replies
    1. Psych major with soc minor...translation, Rob, is that he is a moron that can't do math or learn any ACTUAL science or trade. I imagine he'll switch to "journalism" after he flunks those courses too. In short, he's a moronic jackass.

2. Fuck you Apache

4. Pandemic Horde is a potential goldmine. It has some of the most inflated market prices in nullsec and some of the most gullible line members. If StarterrorPrime couldn't find a way to make money by exploiting them then he's just bad.

ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like his incessant bloviating has earned him enemies in Null and High. I guess Low is next? He should seriously just biomass, start over, and stop shitting up the forums.

Replies
    1. A familiar history, the history of James 315

2. Shit up this place, yes

6. I just don't get it - I trade in Hek and find it very profitable. No clue how much more profitable is jita but there is no fun factor in being in richest trade hub - at least I can have fun growing Hek. I also don't see how current prices of minerals and ores would discourage miners from their activities in Hek - au contraire.

And which businessmen worth his salt would contact one of the strongest organizations in region, tell them his plans and then declare that he is not going to follow their rules but he is willing to trade with them (and then use market prices instead of running numbers to see how much production actually costs him and then applying small margin [for bulk orders it makes sense])... and not have 10M ISK...

Or maybe the fact that I run numbers and avoid doing such stupid things is why my business is going well.

ReplyDelete
  7. There is only one area where StarterrorPrime was a total success: a textbook-perfect example of an "Ayn-Rand" style plan in action. Naively conceived, shallow thinking, greedy, lazy, and with a non-working idea at the core. Almost like a bizarro CODE.!

And then when it all goes (shockingly) to pieces, this Ayn Rand-style capitalist sees no reason to reflect on their idea's total failure in the beloved market, so they then....Ask for donations! Beautiful.

And while I would LOVE to see what exactly the Rearden-metal Catalyst's stats would be, take a quick look at the actual market for actual Cat's in Hek right now - someone who only needed to clear 550k/cat could make a killing on both buy and sell orders, but it would be like, you know, a little work.

My favorite line in this whole lovely series: "I feel my logic is sound in this regard." Its in part 3. The logic was, I think, that it makes more sense for StarterrorPrime to not be compliant (b/c I guess: 20 mil isk for his entire corp: no way! Losing 80 mil in nullsec: word!) so that he can create a cycle by selling CODE. lots of Cats (which they didn't need/ask for) which will make Hek into a powerhouse fueled by the sweet T1 salvage from (I assume) other ships he also makes (and presumably sells to another alliance that doesn't need them also).

"I feel my logic is sound in this regard". One of the thing that makes me glad to be a part of the CODE., is that an agent never needs to say such pitiful nonsense while following it.

ReplyDelete
  8. The ironic thing is, as Anonymous above pointed out, he learned EXACTLY how Ann-Rand style capitalism works in Eve. Bereft of being rewarded for being weak, impoverished and clueless he was swept aside by a player (and organization) that is none of these things.

The Tyranny of the Weak has no place in highsec. If the Code has taught us anything is that no one has the right to survive and prosper without the strength and wisdom of the Code behind them.

ReplyDelete
  9. looks like antigankers failed another player!!!1 so much failure from ag XD XD

never forget shardani

Replies
    1. Code Nazis proving that they are just hateful.

Ming Tso February 26, 2016 at 3:04 PM
      Anti-gankers really are family abusing psychopaths.

And Kalynn Shardani is dead. RIP

From the link:
      D35December 22, 2016 at 5:20 PM
      Why do people use the phrase "passed away" instead of committed suicide? Don't they know what REALLY happened?

inb4 someone cries how I don't have common decency or whatever, like my words are worse than killing your own children and committing suicide.

Also, Link please

AnonymousJune 4, 2017 at 12:34 AM
      Man, what's with carebears and RL death threats?

This is why EVE needs a screening process for highsec mining. We should make every highsec miner pass a test to see if they can be trusted to mine responsibly in highsec. We need to weed out the criminals.

Some of them have already proven that the RL violence is not just words. One of the leaders, and most outspoken, of the "anti-gankers" believes it's ok to harass people in RL over in game pvp. He believes it's ok to violence people in RL.

And his predecessor kalynn was such a rager he couldn't seperate RL from game and we all know how that shit ended.

And they're not the only ones. That foxbolt guy, holy shit. I saw his videos before he took all that shit down, that guy was crazy. I mean like rocking in his chair while grasping the seat all while trying to convince the world he was entitled to recieve a monthly stipend of real dollars from his corpies so he could quit his job and run his EVE corp..... Wow

You should all be afraid of highsec miners. You should be very afraid.

AnonymousJune 9, 2017 at 2:46 PM
      They are not 'people' friend, they are bots. What are you, some sort of "machine hugger"?

Grow up. If some anon shitter is so weak they off themselves over comments in a video game blog, they probably did us all a favor. They most certainly helped future generations by weeding out some bad genetics. How stupid are you?

Wolf SopranoJune 19, 2017 at 7:11 PM
      Haha thats rich coming from thomas who likes to sperg in local now about how hes NOT trying to save a freighter while fail repping it in a basilisk ���� ag still worship shardani too! Disgusting

AnonymousJune 23, 2017 at 5:29 PM
      You need to leave your friend kalynnpiggie out of it, ehneepiggiepoo. Only agpiggies commit suicide over a game.

Wolf SopranoJune 23, 2017 at 10:35 PM
      Links anonymous posters as proof. Hahahahahaha.

Cries about how bad code is - ignores the fact that an antiganking moderator actually did kill himself and his child.

AnonymousJune 26, 2017 at 7:30 PM
      I hope part three is when James details how highsec can save eve if we eradicate alphas and miners.

That's 'miners' you silly carebears, quit murdering children in RL. ;)
      Wolf SopranoJune 26, 2017 at 9:13 PM
      Antigankers are failing so hard right now!!!

Never forget shardani XD XD XD

AnonymousJune 27, 2017 at 2:10 AM
      Is it time to murder miners yet?

In game of course, you silly ag shitters need to stop killing folks RL.

Wolf SopranoJune 27, 2017 at 4:26 AM
      hahahahahahahahaha

AnonymousJune 28, 2017 at 8:06 PM
      Aaahhh..... back to miner murder, everything is right with the world! ;)

Thats 'miner' not 'minOr' you ag freaks! Ffs learn to control yourselves! You need to keep that in game friends.

That being said, Kill All Miners!!! Ahahahaha!

AnonymousJune 30, 2017 at 5:20 PM
      452anon have you visited the broadcast4reps chan? You are getting a bit worked up there and we wouldn't want you to start murder-suiciding folks. Help is out there, don't be another victim of ag incompetance.

AnonymousJune 30, 2017 at 6:23 PM
      ag can't keep it in-game. They worship the sicko who murdered his child IRL, and they privately wish death and harm against other EVE players. Ban ag and make New Eden a better place.

10. (Anon 8:36pm is me, if I'm gonna leave paragraphs in the comments might a well not be Anon)

As Bing points out, it is funny to see this self-identified capitalist visionary's grand capitalist vision get derailed by: CODE. going about its regular EVE-day. The visionary trade hub tycoon's financial empire stopped cold by....a non-profit alliance's regular day's work.

Replies
    1. Code is not a non- profit organization. code is capitalism it's about the profit they know it. For it is even written in James315 manifesto

2. Like most dipshits of code Laser is a moron that doesn't even read his own bullshit. Maybe he should join the school for assholes who don't read so good.

11. The guy needs to chill, skill up get some alts go to low sec and nul sec and get a fleet of rorquals and make billions a day easy. And don't forget the hired firestorm for protection.

ReplyDelete
  12. I have paid the $10 mill in the past then was still ganked by the CODE. Its all BS. So now I pay the money as a bounty. If you are not going to uphold your end of the contract the screw you.

Replies
    1. Show me a permit holder ganked and I'll show you a Code violation. Link km

2. Gosh, people have driver's licenses and sometimes still get tickets. I guess they should just go ahead and drive/fly/sail without them. If you got ganked by CODE then you are an idiot. BTW, the permit used to be free, CCP made James charge a fee. So go complain to them.

3. Contract? The obligations are all on the part of the miner.

4. I'm probably not supposed to say this, but the hilarity of the Code is that a compliant miner can't be ganked. So if you had a permit and you were ganked ipso facto you violated the Code.

5. Code creates violations just to gank you even with a permit, its a scam and all this is just fluff to make em feel good about themselves, remember they create a story to paint themselves the good guys, just like the Nazis. And no lawrenece if you create a contract with someone both parties must uphold the obligations wighin the contract, unless of course the contract were a scam.

13. Me too. If Code members don't follow their own rules then there is no point in Code.

Replies
    1. Remember that, moron, the next time you get pulled over for stupid driving and have to pay a traffic fine.

2. Anon1126 hasn't read The Code very closely. There are no rules for Agents in there.

3. Lawrence hasn't read The Code very closely. There are no rules for Agents in there.

4. Remember that, moron Apache the next time you get pulled over for stupid driving and have to pay a traffic fine.

5. All you have done is post justifications for a CODE member ganking someone with a permit. If you won't or can't police your own members then there is no point in paying the fee.

6. The code is a lie its just a scam, and Lawrence proves it.

14. its not a coincidence that he had 10m isk left after his week long failure in null.

fate gave him one last chance to purchase his permit.

15. James315 is a whore

ReplyDelete
  16. I submit that moles have joined CODE just to attack miners outside of the CODE parameters in an attempt disenfranchise permit holders.

Replies
    1. No, code been doing that anyway.

17. For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is StarTerror Prime? This is StarTerror Prime speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing -- you who dread knowledge -- I am the man who will now tell you.

You have heard it said that this is an age of moral crisis. You have said it yourself, half in fear, half in hope that the words had no meaning. You have cried that man's sins are destroying the world and you have cursed human nature for its unwillingness to practice the virtues you demanded. Since virtue, to you, consists of sacrifice, you have demanded more sacrifices at every successive disaster.

In the name of a return to morality, you have sacrificed all those evils, which you held as the cause of your plight. You have sacrificed justice to mercy. You have sacrificed independence to unity. You have sacrificed reason to faith. You have sacrificed wealth to need. You have sacrificed self-esteem to self-denial. You have sacrificed happiness to duty.

You have destroyed all that which you held to be evil and achieved all that which you held to be good. Why, then, do you shrink in horror from the sight of the world around you? That world is not the product of your sins; it is the product and the image of your virtues. It is your moral ideal brought into reality in its full and final perfection.

You have fought for it, you have dreamed of it, and you have wished it, and I-I am the man who has granted you your wish.

Replies
    1. Your ideal had an implacable enemy, which your CODE of hi-sec was designed to destroy. I have withdrawn that enemy. I have taken it out of your way and out of your reach. I have removed the source of all those evils you were sacrificing one by one. I have ended your battle. I have stopped your motor. I have deprived your world of man's mind.

Men do not live by the mind, you say? I have withdrawn those who do. The mind is impotent, you say? I have withdrawn those whose mind isn't. There are values higher than the mind, you say? I have withdrawn those for whom there aren't.

While you were dragging to your sacrificial altars the men of justice, of independence, of reason, of wealth, of self-esteem -- I beat you to it, I reached them first. I told them the nature of the game you were playing and the nature of that moral code of yours, which they had been too innocently generous to grasp. I showed them the way to live by another morality-mine. It is mine that they chose to follow.

All the men who have vanished, the men you hated, yet dreaded to lose, it is I who have taken them away from you. Do not attempt to find us. We do not choose to be found. Do not cry that it is our duty to serve you. We do not recognize such duty. Do not cry that you need us. We do not consider need a claim. Do not cry that you own us. You don't. Do not beg us to return. We are on strike, we, the men of the mind.

We are on strike against self-immolation. We are on strike against the creed of unearned rewards and unrewarded duties. We are on strike against the dogma that the pursuit of one's happiness is evil. We are on strike against the doctrine that life is guilt.

There is a difference between our strike and all those you've practiced for centuries: our strike consists, not of making demands, but of granting them. We are evil, according to your morality. We have chosen not to harm you any longer. We are useless, according to your economics. We have chosen not to exploit you any longer. We are dangerous and to be shackled, according to your politics. We have chosen not to endanger you, nor to wear the shackles any longer. We are only an illusion, according to your philosophy. We have chosen not to blind you any longer and have left you free to face reality -- the reality you wanted, the world as you see it now, a world without mind.

We have granted you everything you demanded of us, we who had always been the givers, but have only now understood it. We have no demands to present to you, no terms of bargain about, no compromise to reach. You have nothing to offer us. We do not need you.

2. Are you now crying: No, this was not what you wanted? A mindless world of ruins was not your goal? You did not want us to leave you? You moral cannibals, I know that you've always known what it was that you wanted. But your game is up, because now we know it, too.

Through centuries of scourges and disasters, brought about by your CODE of hisec, you have cried that your CODE had been broken, that the scourges were punishment for breaking it, that men were too weak and too selfish to spill all the blood it required. You damned man, you damned existence, you damned this earth, but never dared to question your code.

Your victims took the blame and struggled on, with your curses as reward for their martyrdom-while you went on crying that your CODE was noble, but human nature was not good enough to practice it. And no one rose to ask the question: Good? -by what standard?

You wanted to know StarTerror Prime's identity. I am the man who has asked that question.

Yes, this is an age of moral crisis. Yes, you are bearing punishment for your evil. But it is not man who is now on trial and it is not human nature that will take the blame. It is your hisec CODE that's through, this time. Your hisec code has reached its climax, the blind alley at the end of its course. And if you wish to go on living, what you now need is not to return to morality -- you who have never known any -- but to discover it.

You have heard no concepts of morality but the mystical or the social. You have been taught that mining is a CODE of behavior imposed on you by whim, the whim of a supernatural power or the whim of society, to serve God's purpose or your neighbor's welfare, to please an authority beyond the grave or else next door -- but not to serve your life or pleasure.

Your pleasure, you have been taught, is to be found in immorality, your interests would best be served by evil, and any mining CODE must be designed not for you, but against you, not to further your life, but to drain it.

18. For centuries, the battle of morality was fought between those who claimed that your life belongs to God and those who claimed that it belongs to your neighbors -- between those who preached that the good is self-sacrifice for the sake of ghosts in heaven and those who preached that the good is self-sacrifice for the sake of incompetents on earth. And no one came to say that your life belongs to you and that the good is to live it.

Both sides agreed that morality demands the surrender of your self-interest and of your mind, that the moral and the practical are opposites, that morality is not the province of reason, but the province of faith and force. Both sides agreed that no rational morality is possible, that there is no right or wrong in reason -- that in reason there's no reason to be moral.

Whatever else they fought about, it was against man's mind that all your moralists have stood united. It was man's mind that all their schemes and systems were intended to despoil and destroy. Now choose to perish or to learn that the anti-mind is the anti-life.

Man's mind is his basic tool of survival. Life is given to him, survival is not. His body is given to him, its sustenance is not. His mind is given to him, its content is not. To remain alive, he must act, and before he can act he must know the nature and purpose of his action. He cannot obtain his food without a knowledge of food and of the way to obtain it. He cannot dig a ditch -- or build a cyclotron -- without a knowledge of his aim and of the means to achieve it. To remain alive, he must think.

But to think is an act of choice. The key to what you so recklessly call "human nature", the open secret you live with, yet dread to name, is the fact that man is a being of volitional consciousness. Reason does not work automatically; thinking is not a mechanical process; the connections of logic are not made by instinct. The function of your stomach, lungs or heart is automatic; the function of your mind is not. In any hour and issue of your life, you are free to think or to evade that effort. But you are not free to escape from your nature, from the fact that reason is your means of survival-so that for you, who are a human being, the question "to be or not to be" is the question "to think or not to think."

In the name of the best within you, do not sacrifice this world to those who are its worst. In the name of the values that keep you alive, do not let your vision of man be distorted by the ugly, the cowardly, the mindless in those who have never achieved his title.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all.

Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it's yours.

But to win it requires your total dedication and a total break with the world of your past, with the doctrine that man is a sacrificial animal who exists for the pleasure of others. Fight for the value of your person. Fight for the virtue of your pride. Fight for the essence of that which is man: for his sovereign rational mind. Fight with the radiant certainty and the absolute rectitude of knowing that yours is the Morality of Life and that yours is the battle for any achievement, any value, any grandeur, any goodness, any joy that has ever existed on this earth.

You will win when you are ready to pronounce the oath I have taken at the start of my battle -- and for those who wish to know the day of my return, I shall now repeat it to the hearing of the world:

"I swear -- by my life and my love of it -- that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

ReplyDelete

Note: If you are unable to post a comment, try enabling the "allow third-party cookies" option on your browser.