Some days I just have to ask myself, what's the deal with highsec ice miners and their counter-revolutionary tendencies?
After New Order forces settled into Tolle, Volkrie urged his fellow miners to throw off the shackles of good government. I agree with him on one thing, though: Freedom does come at a price, and it's exactly 10 million isk per year.
His urgent plea made no distinction between upper-case letters and lower-case. The 10 million isk mining permit situation was that desperate.
Volkrie attempted to recruit Jyfaala Tragu to the cause. She was an easy sell. You may remember Jyfaala, the CEO of To The Stars corp, with whom we dealt back in December. That was in Kamio, but sometimes our enemies come from afar to check up on us. Jyfaala spoke words of encouragement, but her ganking alts never materialized.
Like all rebels, Volkrie has a history. He had a bad experience during Hulkageddon, which colors his view of miner-gankers. He attempted to link some killmails of a Rupture and a couple frigates, which presumably prove his combat-readiness.
Reyna Atori came to Tolle on a recon mission for her alliance, which fears the New Order. Volkrie urged her to stop observing and start fighting.
Volkrie was mocked for his attempt to get in on Concord killmails of our suicide Catalysts. Yes, Concord arrives after the target is destroyed. And yes, the Catalysts are designed to get blown up. But Volkrie is a believer in killboards. If the killboard is green, that's all that matters. On that note, New Order Logistics has over 98% efficiency, according to EVE-Kill.net. We're elite PvP'ers!
Volkrie is also a level-headed pragmatist. He knows he won't be able to take down the New Order by himself. Unfortunately, the timing is bad, as his friends are all too busy right now. AFK mining, no doubt.
After another rant in local, Volkrie vowed to stand against the New Order to his last dying breath.
...Which, as it turned out, wasn't that far off. Less than half an hour after giving the finger to Agent Guybertini in local, a squad of Knights arrived and blew up Volkrie's Mackinaw. His ship was heavily tanked in shield, armor, and structure. With maximum skills it had over 40,000 EHP against our weapons. But there is no tank powerful enough to stand against the New Order. A mining permit would have worked better.
Losing the Mackinaw made Volkrie a little peevish, I think. After another half hour, he returned to Tolle with a vengeance.
Agent Bing Bangboom was there in the ice field, minding his own business, separating the good ice miners from the bad through bumps. Volkrie objected, and shot at him with a Hurricane. Concord arrived and somehow managed to penetrate the Hurricane's shield rigs and armor tank. Another Volkrie ship bit it.
Bing, victorious, got 2% of the damage on the killmail, while Concord got the other 98%. But as Volkrie would say, kills are kills.